– 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
– 4 cloves garlic (minced)
– 1 thumb size ginger (peeled and cut into thin strips)
– 1 small onion (finely chopped)
– 1 medium potato (peeled and cut bite size)
– 1 medium zucchini (chopped bite size)
– 12–14 large shrimps
– 2 cups baby spinach
– 1 1/2 cup dashi broth
– 3 tablespoons soy sauce (for gluten-free substitue with tamari or liquid amino)
– 1/2 tablespoon sugar
– 1 tablespoon sake
– 1 tablespoon mirin
– 2 tablespoons potato starch mixed with 2cold water (or corn starch)
– white pepper (optional)
In a large deep skillet over medium high heat, add oil, garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute, until garlic becomes fragrant.
Add onions and cook for 3 minutes, until onions are translucent.
Add potatoes and cook for 4 minutes, stirring often to prevent the ingredients from burning.
Add zucchini and shrimp and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
Add spinach, dashi broth, soy sauce, sugar, sake and mirin and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
Add mixture of potato starch and water and stir well, until the sauce thickens (about 1 minute).
Turn the heat off and serve on top of rice with white pepper.