Note: Goes well on top of rice or alone. Pre-cook whatever carb you intent to put this thing on.
– 1/4 cup tamari
(the fancy Japanese soy sauce which is a thicker, less salty, fermented and potentially gluten-free. Replace with normal chiniese soy sayce or coconut aminos)
– 2 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar (or 3 Tbsp. maple syrup)
– 1/3 cup vegetable broth or water
– 2 tsp. rice vinegar (successully replaced with balsamic and lived to tell it)
– 1tbs of dehydrated garlic (or 1-2 cloves of minced garlic if you’re not a vampire and garlic does not make you sick AF)
– 2 tsp. ginger, freshly grated (skipping the ginger still makes an edible dish)
– 1 Tbsp. cornstarch (or arrowroot or other thickener*)
Whisk all the things to combine.
Note: If you’re fancy and have tempeh ( Fancy Indonesian Tofu-likething , that is made from fermented soybeans), cut it into bite-sized pieces and add to bowl with teriyaki sauce.
Toss well to coat and set aside to marinate. (Don’t feel ashamed to skip if you’re a normal person and don’t have this culinary perversion)
Stir fry some veggies using vegetable broth if possible (makes it less greacy, any broth will do)
In the recipe:
– Bell pepper
– bell pepper
– literally any vegetable that u can find in your fridge that doesn ot consist of mostly water.
Reduce heat to medium-low and poor in the teriyaki sauce until sauce has thickened and veggies are the desired tenderness/mushines.
Shred some green onions with a pair of scissors and trow it on top of whatever clusterfuck u’ve just cooked to make it pretty.