– 1kg of chicken cut in cubes
– 2 carrots diced
– 1 onion
– celery 2-4 stacks, diced
– 5 tbs flour, divided
– 1/2 red pepper diced
– 1/4 cup white wine (if you’re fancy AF)
– 4 cups chicken broth or chicken stock
– 1 cup green beans or peas
– 1/2 cup heavy cream (sour cream works as well)
– 1 1/2 cups potatoes peeled and diced
– 1 1/2 cups sweet potatoes peeled and diced (if you’re fancy AF. Can replace with normal potatoes)
– 1/2 tsp rosemary
– 1/2 tsb thyme
– 1/4 tsp sage
– salt and pepper
I didn’t had sage and rosemary, so I’ve YOLO’d with curry powder and bay leaves.
In a large pot or dutch oven, brown chicken in oil (it doesn’t have to be cooked through).
Remove from pot and set aside.
Cook all vegetables but peppers and green beans in oil until onion is slightly softened.
Stir in 3 tablespoons of flour and seasonings.
Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes.
Add potatoes, sweet potatoes, red pepper, white wine, browned chicken and broth.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes (or until potatoes are cooked.
Remove lid and stir in green beans and cream.
Thicken if desired by combining remaining 2 tablespoons flour and 1 cup water or broth.
Simmer an additional 10 minutes uncovered.